Are you looking to take the next step in your career by stepping up as a Finance Manager and managing a small team? If so, Excite Holidays might be the next destination in your journey!
Who are we?
Excite Holidays is an award-winning online travel wholesaler. We provide the most innovative booking experience in the travel industry and empower travel agents by providing them with a huge portfolio of accommodation, activities, transfer services and ferry tickets in over 150 countries.
We are a travel tech company that exists to keep innovating and revolutionising the travel industry. At Excite Holidays, we have some of the most passionate minds finding ways to make travel simpler, sleeker and seamless for our travel agents.
About the role and your responsibilities
We are seeking an analytical and dynamic Finance Manager to join our head office team in Sydney. This is an outstanding opportunity for a confident individual to manage a small team and also be a trusted adviser to the Chief Financial Officer.
Reporting directly into the CFO, your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of preparing and submitting month end accounts, management reporting and reconciliation
- Providing effective analysis of financial information and summarize financial status, and identifying discrepancies
- Maintaining effective financial/management accounting controls and systems
- Responsible for end to end cash flow processes and AP accounting
- Participation in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Assisting with various business queries and provide technical support and advice to key stakeholders
- Manage the preparation and submission of FBT & BAS Returns and Income Tax Returns
- Oversee and ensure total maintenance of Tax Asset Registers
- Coordinate internal and external audits and complete required documentation in preparation
- Overseeing the regulatory and reporting process ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements / submission of statutory returns as required
- Managing and mentoring a small and motivated team of junior accountants (including payroll duties)
- Driving and encouraging the team to look for continuous improvements to accounting systems and process to meet best practice benchmarks
- Creating and maintaining sound accounting policy and procedure
- Ensuring continuous improvement and streamlining of process / systems
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Ad hoc project management
Skills and experience
We are seeking someone who has:
- Financial Services background preferred and highly regarded
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with senior management
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, qualification recognised by relevant professional bodies
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant attained by an Australian institute
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Ideal candidate will have an auditing background with commercial experience
- Demonstrated experience in general or tax accounting
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent knowledge Google Suite, particularly google sheets highly regarded
- Full Australian work rights
Perks and benefits
You will be supported by a friendly team and receive a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. We also provide amazing company benefits such as:
- Cost price accommodations, activities, ferries and transfers
- Health and wellness perks including group personal training, daily breakfast, fruit and afternoon snacks.
- Green initiatives, volunteer opportunities and fundraising activities.
- Friday drinks, social events, company picnics and peer nominated recognition awards.
- An awesome office location with a flexible working environment.
If this opportunity sounds exciting to you and aligns with your experiences, then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and salary expectations and go to www.exciteholidays.com/careers to learn more about working for Excite Holidays.